Master apostrophes with this online grammar course
This online apostrophe course is part of An A to Z of Punctuation.
Although the basic rules are straightforward, apostrophes can be tricky. Not everyone agrees on all usages and sometimes sentences with apostrophes are clumsy. Occasionally, it’s easier to rewrite a sentence to avoid using an apostrophe.
- Would you write 20 years experience or 20 years’ experience?
- And would you write Frances’ report or Frances’s report?
Buy now for just A$19.95
Developed by Mary Morel, this online grammar course covers:
- Grammar jargon (a refresher on grammar terms to make the rest of the online course easier to understand)
- Possessive apostrophes (e.g. Julie’s workload)
- Descriptive apostrophes (e.g. two weeks’ notice or two weeks notice?)
- Contractions and omissions
- How to avoid apostrophes
- Common apostrophe problems
- Apostrophe questions
This course takes 1–2 hours to complete and you have access for one year.
US English version
This course is also available in US English. If you have bought this course and would like the US English version, email firstname.lastname@example.org